1) Long life – The LED lights can last anywhere from 55,000 to 150,000 hours. Incandescent light bulbs normally last approximately 1,000 hours and fluorescents lights are good for about 10,000 hours.
2) Energy efficiency–LED lights produce far more light per watt than incandescent light bulbs. The energy consumption will be reduced between 40% -75% compared to conventional light sources!
3) Durability – LED lights bulbs do no have fragile tubes that can break easily. These LED lights are resistant to heat, cold, and shocks.
4) Color – LED lights do emit light intended colors without using color filters that are normally used with traditional light fixtures.
5) Size – LED lights bulbs are normally very small and are easily placed and printed onto circuit boards.
6) Cycling – LED lights are ideally used in applications that require to be turned on-off frequently. Unlike traditional light fixtures that have a shorter life time are effected negatively with this frequent on-off cycles.
7) On/Off time – The new age LED lights turn up very fast.
8) Cool light – In contrast to all other light sources, LEDs radiate almost no heat which can cause damage to sensitive objects, fabrics or other items.
9) Toxicity: LEDs don’t contain mercury, unlike fluorescent lamps/light fixtures.